Mid-Iowa Community Action, Inc.

Administrative Office

1001 S. 18th Ave.

Marshalltown, IA 50158


Your details were sent successfully!


Family Development Centers

If you need help, contact the family development center located in your county to learn how to apply for assistance. Services at these centers include energy assistance, referrals to local resources, emergency food (Hardin, Story, Poweshiek only), and other Family Development services.

Hardin County: 637 S. Oak Street in Iowa Falls. Call: 641-648-5036

Marshall County: 6 S. 2nd Street in Marshalltown. Call: 641-753-5523

Tama County: 105 S. State Street in Tama. Call: 641-484-4713

Story County: 230 SE 16th Street in Ames. Call: 515-956-3333

Poweshiek County: 611 4th Avenue in Grinnell. Call: 641-236-3923

Health Services Clinics

The health services clinics deliver services such as WIC and Maternal and Child Health. To reach the clinic, call the toll-free number listed for your county.

1-800-390-5293 (Jasper, Mahaska, Marshall, Poweshiek and Tama) 1-800-890-8230 (Boone, Hardin and Story)

Marshall County WIC Office: 1001 S. 18th Ave in Marshalltown.

Story County WIC Office: 226 SE 16th Street in Ames.