Child and Adult Care Food Program

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) promotes good health and nutrition for children in child care settings. MICA's CACFP program operates in our early childhood program classrooms and provides reimbursement to registered child care homes to help pay for nutritious meals and snacks.


If you're a child care provider, MICA’s CACFP program helps you guide children to develop positive attitudes about healthy foods and establish life-long healthy eating habits. It can help save you money while providing healthy food for the children in your care.


Let’s say you provide breakfast, lunch, and a snack for eight children for 22 days a month. Through CACFP, you could receive a reimbursement of up to $748 just for participating!


CACFP makes it easy to provide healthy meals by offering online record keeping. We offer free information for child care providers about children’s health and nutrition, keeping you up to date with webinars, blogs, recipe ideas, in-home activities, and more!


If you're a registered child care provider and you would like more information about CACFP, please fill in the form below to contact a program representative.  We'll be in touch with you shortly!

Do I qualify for CACFP?

To qualify for MICA's CACFP program for child care providers, you must meet the following requirements:

Must be registered with the Department of Human Services as a child care provider


Child care providers are required to attend one food and nutrition class per year. Classes are free of charge and offered at convenient times and locations


CACFP staff will visit each child care home three times per year

Contact a CACFP representative

Your details were sent successfully!

In accordance with Federal civil rights laws and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at : http://www.ascr.usda/complaint_filing_cust.html,  and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

             Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

             1400 Independence Avenue, SW

             Washington, DC 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email: