You can now connect to the P: drive from a remote location or from anywhere you have Internet access. This method is platform-independent, which means you can connect even if you are not using Microsoft Windows. However, you will have read-only access to the files. You can download files. But if you make changes to them, you will be editing a local copy. If you want the changes you made to go back onto the P: drive, you will have to do it with a read/write connection.
To visit the MICA P: drive on the Internet:
- Open up a web browser (Internet Explorer or your favorite browser).
- Visit https://mfs.micaonline.org/public/
- It should prompt you for your username and password.
- Enter MICA\[your username]. For example: MICA\tim.champion
- Enter your MICA password. This is the same password that you use to login to your computer and e-mail.
- If you get a security certificate error, continue.
- You should now see the P: drive folders.
- If you want to get a file, right click on it, and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As."
- Save it somewhere you can find it again.